Here are 11 things that change when your parents leave this world:
1. You suddenly feel so alone, like the only people that really got you are gone forever. You feel lost and unsure of your direction in life.
2. Things immediately become more challenging in life, and you struggle. You need some time to start functioning again.
3. You miss everything about your parents, even the smallest things. You miss hearing their voice or calling them to tell them some news. You now realize how much they have done for you and how much you loved them too.
4. You start to appreciate time more and become more aware of the importance of people around you.
5. You keep thinking about your parents, and every memory you have shared.
6. You start missing their flaws too. You even realize that the things you hated about them were not as bad as you thought.
7. The time spent in the family and the gatherings are no longer the same. Parents are the first to teach us how to celebrate life’s milestones, so holidays and special occasions now can bring melancholy and make you feel hollow.
8. You are jealous of the time others spend with their parents. You feel grief, and the pain does not disappear. It only transforms with time.
9. The loss of parents can either strengthen your bond with your siblings or make you further apart.
10. You’ll learn secrets and discover details about your parents that will show you that they were not just your parents, but ordinary people like everyone else.
11. You become infuriated when others complain about their silly fights with their parents because you know that they will regret saying those things someday.
You will miss your parents until the last day. Their absence will always hurt. Yet, remember that they will always live in you and your memories.
Meanwhile, spend quality time with your children, to create the memories they will think of when they are in your shoes.